The pandemic has considerably increased the number of people working from home. You don’t have to travel to work, you can sleep longer(!), you can wear any clothes you want, and you are definitely more relaxed… And this is a blessing if you are an introvert. However, you still need to pay your bills and accept payments from customers in different countries. A payment system that will not charge exorbitant commissions will be a great solution to the problem.
We would like to offer you a UK payment system that has good feedback from our customers: it is easy to handle and its commissions are quite reasonable. Welcome to our portal to read more about the UK account for freelancers and decide whether this is the payment method you need. You can also book a free session with our expert to find out more and ask your questions. There are many offers on the market, and you are free to choose any of them. However, we handpick the best opportunities for you!
Our specialists keep track of all the latest news in the banking sphere and collect feedback from customers. That way, we can offer the best option to you that is currently available (the situation changes quickly, and there are banks we no longer recommend, though they used to be good). If you want to have a hassle-free experience opening an account with the UK payment system, our experts will help you at a modest fee. Get in touch – and set the ball rolling!
UK Payment System: Benefits
You can set up an account in a regular bank, in a payment system, or in a neobank. Which one to choose? We propose a payment system as you will need minimal effort to open and use an account in it – even though all the mandatory verification procedures are in place. Payment systems are just as safe as regular banks, so there is no need to worry about that.
Here are the main advantages of using the UK Payment System Provider that we offer:
- Your account will have unique identification (personal IBAN)
- Make transfers to more than 150 countries worldwide
- If you need to make a transfer in a different currency, there are 20 of these available in the payment system, and the conversion fees are not very high
- Bank transfers are available using SWIFT and SEPA methods
- If you have to keep accounting records, you can make bulk payments to any country
- Take advantage of client support in several languages
- If you want to trade in currencies, you can do so using the payment system
- You will find all the functionality required for salary projects
- Obtain a personal or corporate plastic MasterCard to make your operations easier
Get in touch with our experts to have a fully functional account within two days!
UK Payment System: Rates and Terms
Are you a freelancer working outside the UK? You will not need to visit the country to open an account: the procedure is completed remotely. Clients are divided into certain categories that make their operations at different rates.
- Individuals can open an account at 9.99 euros, while companies will need to pay 1,000 euros (this includes the cards issued to the account owner)
- Account maintenance costs 10 euros per month for individuals and 100 euros per month for legal entities
- Incoming payments are free for all categories of customers.
If you want to know the rates of euro transfers, follow the link above and see the detailed figures depending on the amount and customer type, and also on whether the transfer is made without or outside the EEA.
And if you are interested in the commissions for transfers in USD, GDP, and other currencies, please get in touch with our experts.
A freelancer who wants to get an account in the UK payment system will need to provide a job agreement with an employer.
Documents Required to Open an Account
The account is opened online, so all you will have to do is scan your documents and send them by email.
If you are an individual, please provide scans of the following standard documents:
- Proof of address
- A job agreement (or any other document that confirms the source of income)
If you are a legal entity, please send the scans of the following documents:
- Personal documents of company owners/directors (using the above list for individuals)
- Corporate documents (Certificate of Incorporation, by-laws, operational documents, business description, etc.)
Book a one-on-one session with our experts to get a customized list of documents for you and recommendations.
Plastic Card for Foreign Customers
It is hard to imagine our lives without plastic cards nowadays. They are everywhere: we use them to pay for purchases, withdraw cash at ATMs, receive salaries, get compensation for travel expenses from our employers, and so on.
Who Can Order a Payment System Card?
No matter whether you are an individual or a legal entity – you can order plastic cards from the UK payment system! You can get a virtual card for online payments almost instantly. However, if you need real plastic, you will have to wait until it is delivered to you. The rates are as follows:
- 5 euros for delivery by priority mail
- 35 euros for delivery by courier
- 70 euros for delivery to countries under sanctions
How Long Does It Take?
You will have to wait in any case, but the term depends on the delivery method you opt for:
- If you choose delivery by courier, you will get the cards within no more than 3 working days
- If you select delivery by regular mail, you will receive the cards within 5 to 12 working days.
These are approximate terms as anything may happen on the way.
There is no limit on the number of cards you can get from the UK payment system: you can order as many as you want! If this is a corporate card, you will need to provide the name of an authorized person to be specified on it.
Follow the above link to find out what rates apply to plastic cards and how you will need to activate the card. If you have any questions, please contact our online operator for quick answers. We are ready to help you open an account with a UK payment system in no time and without much hassle!